Sunday, June 10, 2012

Is spirituality and/or religion play a role in your survival group?

Should the members in your group have the same spiritual and religious beliefs as you do?

I never really thought about this until now. So I am glad that I am now aware of this. But in my opinion it is VERY important that the people in your group should share the same spiritual and religious beliefs. I know this is a very touchy subject. But it is a subject that should be addressed. And it should be noted that I respect everyone’s beliefs. And everyone has the right to choose what path they want to take.

For me, that path was Catholicism. And I know my religion has MANY flaws. But this is the belief system that works best for me and my family. And after being awaken to this subject. I have come to realize that everyone in my survival group is either Catholic or Christian. And that wasn’t planned. I just think that you become close to people that share similar interest and values. In fact, the people in my group have a lot of things in common.
So why do I think this is important to factor in to your survivor group? Because when the SHTF, I personally will be praying and asking God for help and forgiveness. And I am going to want people in my group to look to God as well. And if you have people in your group that have different views then you. That might cause issues and disharmony amongst the members.

For me, I want my group to be completely in sync with one another. Same values, same priorities, same beliefs, same goals, etc. We all have to be on the same page and our interest has to be the same. There are no individuals. We are a team. Everyone has to be selfless.

Remember now, this is just my opinion and view on the subject. And I look forward to hearing your take on this topic.



Have a gun in your sights?  Try GunBroker.com Quake Kare: Emergency Survival Kits

No comments:

Post a Comment